When mention about Valentine’s Day, some will snort in jeer at every mention of chocolate love heart or a warm-hearted poem. However, others will obviously catch up in romantic vibe and celebrate it as one of the most exciting days of the year. If you have made a reservation at your guys favorite restaurant, prepared a gift to score some bonus points, then what you are going to wear?
It’s not a big problem if you leave this to the last minute; but knowing how to dress smart will definitely leave a big impression. We sure you won’t want to appear in a colorful jacket with a rose between your teeth, nor wear the “tailored joggers” that will make you look so ridiculous.
So, whether you are heading to a Michelin-starred restaurant or a simple dinner along the river, make sure you choose the stylish and appropriate clothes.
Have this in mind, check out our most-voted Valentine’s clothing style listed below. We have sorted out the best style, all you have to do is just create the chemistry and boost a strong spark of attraction on your first date.
1. The Warm Dinner Date
This is one of the best choices. How can you go wrong after preparing the place and choosing the best wine taste? As you have tried your best to jump the hurdles and make a restaurant reservation, we sure you will want to match the same effort when considering about what to wear.
In these circumstances, choosing the British suit from the most professional tailoring would be great. But please remember you are not going for a job interview and obviously your partner won’t want to feel like she is taking an investigation. Just loosen it up and play with the patterns.
- Clothes: Make a combination of subtle-pattern on the top and a dressed-down double-breasted jacket. For those who prefer wearing shirt, this is not a great idea since shirt will make you look too formal. Pick one roll neck or crew neck T-shirt will blow a new wind but still brings masculinity to your appearance.
- Shoes: Being less dressy, one pair of black Derbies or Chelsea boots will bring you to amazing places that an Oxfords cannot. Not just black pants, they even look good with denim or tan chinos.
- Accessory: If you are the one who are into hats, then why don’t choose one Trilby? Although it is often confused with a fedora, Trilby defines itself as one fashion statement rather than a functional hat. Made from tweed or straw, Trilby hat features its design with the small brim and tall crown. Feel free to wear it for a whole year.
2. The After-Work Date
If you and your partner would love to have one casual date, then having one glass of soft wine or try some Netflix series is highly recommended. Whether this is considered as one simple day or not, you still need to pay attention on what you want to wear.
- Clothes: Have you ever thought winter clothing not only keeps you warm but brings the fabulous look? Try some winter outfits include flannel trousers, selvedge denim or moleskin chinos. Plain cotton shirt or shirt with chambray button-down will help you get rid of the cold weather. Choosing one chunky sweater or a shawl neck cardigan would be an ideal option.
- Accessory: People prefer wearing boots for winter clothing as they are flexible and stylish as well. For date at rooftop coffee or a cozy pub, overcoat in grey, camel or navy needs to stay on top of the list as it emphasizes your body. You can choose the Trilby hat or a flat cap one. The fashionable headwear often made of cotton, tweed or premium wool.
3. The On-The-Floor Date
If you are heading out for crazy parties, then you need to follow different rules to keep yourself stand among the crowd. Places such as dance floor or outdoor swimming pool will challenge you to add some rock n’ roll with your get up.
- Clothes: Want yourself to be seen and make a huge impression, just start with a patterned knit or floral shirt. You can combine your style with a sumptuous suede jacket on the top or one pair of dark jeans.
- Accessory: For crowded places, choosing colorful accessories will help you grab people attention. Get yourself more options with fancy footwear like loafers or Chelsea boots. The trendier style that appeals to a younger generation is a high-profile cap with a flat bill hat, give it a try!
No matter which vibe you choose for your Valentine’s Day, the season of love is always a chance for you to update your wardrobe; even the recent fashion style. However, keep in mind these tips as they will make you look cooler:
1. Keep things tidy in your skinny jeans
Jean has been worn by hipsters and black-haired teens in the past few years. There is no need to add more accessories; otherwise, you can mix-and-match with stunning studded belts. So, the fact is that you can wear jeans for several occasions; at the office, when shopping out or on a crazy night at bar with friends.
But for the skinny jeans, it is better that you select minimal items to keep things stay flexible on the move. For example, having one slim wallet for men not just offers space for basic belongings but it saves time taking in and out when making a purchase.
Stay chic in a fashionable flannel shirt
At all times, flannel shirt always speaks itself as one casual top, yet still fit in the most comfortable evening you have planned. Made from premium materials, these shirts are famous for its stylish and practical design. You can roll up the sleeves or pair with some dark jeans to blow others mind up.
Here are the best options which can be adapted for different fashion taste. Since love vibe is in the air throughout this Valentine’s Day, then we sure you always want to look perfect at any times. However, don’t just take our words for which you should wear, you can combine more accessories to become more fabulous and make tons of memories.