A fascinator is a common head accessory you can often see in formal or royal events. It can be treated as a kind of dressy hats that a lady chooses to wear to complement their dressy and formal outfit. You can also take a look here for a wide range of other types of dress hats that you can find on the market.
A fascinator can help to enhance your style and make sure you can stand in the middle of the crowd. There is huge selection of fascinators that you can find on the market. They are different in sizes, materials and colors. It will take time and effort before you can finally pick up the one that is ideal for you. And choosing the right fascinator is not enough for you to secure the right style. You should also have to learn about the backcombing technique and the right way to wear the fascinator.
So in case you are searching for a fascinator, scroll down for tips on how to choose a fascinator and how to wear it properly on your head.
HOW TO CHOOSE A FASCINATOR
There are a lot of things that you need to consider when choosing a fascinator including the material, your hair style as well as your own preference of colors and sizes. Take a look below to see what you need to think about when you are on the hunt for the best fascinator that meets all of your needs and requirements.
Fascinator is a form of formal headwear for women, for formal headwear for men, you can follow this link here http://thebesthat.com/9-classic-hat-styles-every-man/.
1. Your Hair Style
The hair style that you are going to have when you wear the fascinator will determine the size of the fascinator that you should choose. Basically, the smaller the volume of your hair is, the smaller the size of the fascinator.
If you consider wearing your hair down showing a lot of volume, go for a large fascinator. On the other hand, if you are wearing your hair in the pulling up style, choose a medium sized fascinator. And in case you have your hair slicked back or get your hair cut short, a smaller sized fascinator is more appropriate.
Besides the size of your hairstyle, another factor that is worth considering when you choose a fascinator is your hair color. In case your hair is red or has a reddish tone, go for a fascinator with warm and dark earth toned color including brown, beige and dark green. A blond hair lady should try a taupe or light orange fascinator. These colors are light and warm, which will complement the blonde color well. And finally, if you have the brown or black hair, go for a bright fascinator instead. Your best choices include pink and blue.
The color of the fascinator should also be determined by your choice of clothes, which will be explained later on.
2. The Season When You Wear The Fascinator
The season when you wear the fascinator is another factor that you need to think about as well in order to choose the right material for the fascinator. Fascinators can be varied in some forms of materials including straw, wool or felt. In case you want to wear a fascinator in the summer, you should choose a straw fascinator as it is lightweight and better ventilated. On the other hand if you consider wearing a fascinator in the autumn or winter seasons, choose wool or felt fascinator. This type of material is thicker and heavier. However, it will be more suitable for the winter because it goes nicely with other pieces of your clothing.
3. The Color Of Your Outfit
It is always the best idea to choose a fascinator whose color is the same as the color of the clothes that you are currently wearing. If the colors of these items match, it will give you a subtle and classy look. In addition, it will look like the fascinator you are wearing belongs to the set of the outfit as well.
Also if you have several colors on your clothes, pick 1 color from these for your fascinator. Don’t go for another color that is different from these colors which are on your clothes. Too many colors will make it looks like you are trying too much and don’t really know how to corporate colors well.
4. Your Face Shape
While the color of the fascinator should be complement to the colors of your hair or your clothes, the shape of the fascinator should be the opposite of the shape of your face.
For instance, if you have a round face, a thin and tall fascinator will help to make your face look longer and balance out the disproportion of your face. On the other hand, if you have a long face, a disc shaped fascinator is your better option.
5. The Best Choice Of Fascinator For Glass Wearing Ladies
In case you wear optical glasses, you will need a different style of fascinator. Elastic securing fascinator is the type of fascinator that you should look for on the market. With the secure system behind the headband, you will feel more comfortable and relaxed wearing both of the sunglasses and fascinator at the same time.
Furthermore, you should avoid choosing a fascinator which has complex details or designs. You already have a pair of glasses on your face. Adding a complex and fancy fascinator will make your face and head look kind of “a lot”, which you need to avoid if you aim for a subtle and formal look.
6. The Best Choice Of Fascinator For Glass Wearing Ladies
In case it is the first time that you search for and wear a fascinator, keep in mind the rule of thumb, which is “less is more”. You shouldn’t go for a fascinator with many details or a size which is too big. In addition, you should consider some traditional styles including a fascinator with brim or style of a mini pillbox.
TIPS TO WEAR A FASCINATOR
After you finally pick up the right fascinator, you should also know how to wear your fascinator in the most proper way to ensure you have the best look possible.
Let’s consider some of the ways and rules you should use to wear your fascinator:
- First of all, fascinators are meant to wear on the side of your head. You can wear a fascinator in either right or left side of your head. Traditionally, you can wear it on the right hand side. You can wear on the front but it is a little bit uncomfortable and the look is quite bold as well.
- The details of the fascinator should lie above your eyebrows.
- In case you use a head band to secure your fascinator, the head band should go behind your ears instead of under your chin. Moreover, you should wear it so low that it wraps around the nape area of your neck.
- The best events to wear a fascinator are formal events including weddings and tea parties. Royal events are also suitable events for you to wear a fascinator.
- Avoid wearing a fascinator when you go watching a play or movie at the theater. The fascinator will likely block the view of other people sitting behind you. And you couldn’t take it off as easily as when you wear other types of hats. So it is better if you leave it at home.
Here are some extra tips you should know on how to wear a fascinator more securely on your head:
- Greasy and dirty hair will help to stick pins of the fascinator better and hold it more securely. Hence, you should avoid washing your hair on the day of the event when you intend to wear the fascinator. The best time to wash your hair is properly the day before the event. It will help to create the grip that you need while prevent your hair to look dirty.
- Before you wear the fascinator, backcomb a part of your hair- which mean you comb a part of your hair backwards and then towards the middle of your head. This will help to create a teased and knotted style for you to use the pins of the fascinator better.
- Then consider spraying your hair with hairspray, especially the part of the hair which you have just backcombed. Doing so will help to add more volume to your hair and let the combed hair stay the same style for a long time.
- Some of the fascinators come with a comb. Use this comb and press it firmly and deeply into your hair. The comb should point towards the back of your head.
- Some types of security you can add along with the fascinator including the comb, headband and pins. Combs and pins are the best choice for small and medium fascinator. On the other hand, head band is the best choice for you when you aim for large fascinator. You can also combine all of them together if you want to add much better stability and security.
Here are some of the things that you should know about choosing and wearing a fascinator for a formal event. Since there are a lot of styles and designs that you can find on the market, it will take you a lot of time and effort searching for the right one that meets your styles and your personal traits.
In addition, you should also remember some rules of wearing a fascinator as well. It should be worn on the side of your head. You can also use head bands, pins and combs to add more security and stability of your fascinator. And washing your hair the day before and using a product of hairspray will also help to make the fascinator stick better to your head.
I hope with all of the tips and information above, you would be able to find the right fascinator and wear it right. As long as you keep all of the details in mind, you will never go wrong with your choice of fascinator.